Notice of non-discrimination
Columbus Lasik Vision is a law-abiding health Organization. Our management ensures that all stakeholders adhere to the federal civil rights laws on non-discrimination.
According to the civil rights act of 1964, discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin is prohibited. Columbus Lasik Vision treats all its patients equally with no exclusion due to race, color, disability, or sex.
Columbus Lasik Vision will provide aids and services such as;
- Sign language interpreters for persons with a speech disability
- Braille for visually impaired patients.
- Written materials in different formats and languages to ensure effective communication
- Language assistant services to aid people with language barriers
- An architectural structure that is convenient for persons using wheelchairs.
- · It consists of at least 60% of staff from different races. Including different races in employment opportunities at the institutions will give the customers a sense of belonging and safety during their visits.
- · The institution will open on weekdays. The service delivery will ensure that even those who may not manage to attend clinics or consultations on specific days manage to visit the center at their convenient time.
If you require any of the above services, use the center’s contacts at 1-866-600-3937 or 1-215-834-2217. You will be required to specify the special service you need.
If you believe that Columbus Lasik Vision has failed to provide any of these services or has discriminated against you in any way, you can file a grievance with:
11685 Bustleton Ave, Ste 6 Philadelphia, PA 19116
Grievances can be filed personally, by mail, or by fax and email. A qualified interpreter can also assist you if need be.
You can file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at: https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/smartscreen/main.jsf or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue SW., Room 509F,
HHH Building, Washington, DC 20201
1-800-868-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD).
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.