Lasik research online begins by asking the right questions. The American Refractive Surgery Council offers suggestions for people who are looking for information about the procedure. Here are five things you should check before you go for your Lasik consultation.
Lasik research tips
- Use reputable sources like professional medical sites including the Mayo Clinic or WebMD to discover the risks and disadvantages of Lasik
- Check with people you know on social media to get their opinion if they are Lasik clients
- Use online blogs and reviews to give you an idea of what to expect and who is a good provider
- Watch Lasik videos on YouTube and other online video sources to see what happens during the procedure – remember your eyes are numb and the laser accounts for sneezing and coughing
- Always think about the old adage – you get what you pay for because low-cost Lasik is not always the best treatment
Always select a long-term Lasik provider with the skills, experience, and tools to offer you the best treatment. These offices usually offer discount programs, inclusive pricing, and flexible payment options. Use your Lasik research to help you make a list of questions for your first appointment.