Many people look for the good and bad things about an elective procedure before they decide to have the treatment. Lasik is a perfect example. It makes sense to find out what the procedure involves and what to expect during healing. Here are some basic perks and downfalls of this popular vision treatment.
Lasik eye surgery pros and cons
- Clearer eyesight and the ability to see further with additional lines of sight with custom procedures
- Fewer problems with allergies and eye infections
- Overall cost savings
- Less trips to the eye doctor
- No monthly contact lens costs
- Fast healing times
- Less discomfort with more advanced technologies
- Freedom to live a better lifestyle
- Ability to see clearer when working as a paramedic, firefighter, police officer, or military member
- Active sports and extreme activities are acceptable following the recommended healing time and follow-up care
- More spontaneous lifestyle and a better quality of living
While there is some discomfort and irritation associated with healing following Lasik treatment, these symptoms often go away quickly as long as the patient adheres to post-operative care. Most irritation goes away in a couple of days. Always follow the Lasik team’s suggestions and use eye drops on time. The timing and dosing of these drops ensure your eyes stay free of infection, are moist, and heal quickly. Always go to the follow-up appointment and refrain from driving until you receive clearance from your provider.
- Most insurance will not cover Lasik or only provide a portion of the cost
- Problems seeing clearly at night during healing
- Some discomfort, bruising on the whites of the eyes, or dryness can occur
To find out more about the specific benefits of a particular treatment like Wavefront Lasik, please contact Columbus Lasik Vision at 1-866-600-3937.