Wearing eyeglasses is beneficial as it helps you to have an improved vision but at the same time it can be annoying too because of the extra weight on the eyes and not being comfortable without them. Also, if you plan on looking for an alternative such as contact lenses, they’re not as easy to carry as they seem to be.
Well, don’t be depressed as technology has been getting advanced and there is a solution to get rid of wearing eyeglasses or contact lenses on a regular basis. Are you wondering what is it? LASIK surgery is the answer!
What is Lasik Surgery?
Lasik Surgery is also known as conventional or traditional LASIK. It is a process performed to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. In most treatments, LASIK is painless and completed within several minutes per eye.
Benefits of LASIK surgery
Here are a few benefits of getting a vision correction surgery.
Around 96% of patients will have their desired vision after LASIK. An enhancement can further increase this number.
LASIK eye surgery doesn’t cause any pain to the patient, just a little numbing because of the drops used during the procedure. Also, there’s no requirement of stitches or bandage after the process that may lead to discomfort.
For someone who’s worn eyeglasses all their lives knows the struggle they’ve to deal with on a daily basis. A LASIK surgery is an ultimate solution to get the vision corrected and not wear contact lenses or glasses.
Things To Consider Before Going For LASIK
Before a person plans to go for a LASIK surgery, they may take into account the various factors including the following.
• Careers that are highly dependent on vision
• If surgery is a viable answer when vision is not bad.
• Eyes and overall health.
Are You and Your Eyes Healthy For a Surgery?
Generally, LASIK surgery is suitable for people with an average degree of refractive error and no complex problems related to vision. When you consult a doctor for this vision correction treatment, they’ll perform a detailed analysis of your eyes to ensure the end results aren’t complicated.
Common eye conditions that become a hurdle in LASIK or will make you rethink your surgery decision:
- Any type of eye injury or lid disorders.
- Eye infections such as uveitis, keratitis, etc.
- Large pupils, especially in dim light.
- Keratoconus, an eye disease that results in a progressive deterioration of your vision and thinning of the cornea.
- Actively playing contact sports like boxing or martial arts.
- If you use eyeglasses or contact lenses only sometimes.
A doctor may also be interested in taking a look at your overall health to make sure you’re fit for LASIK. The medical conditions that may affect the surgery include:
• Migraine, depression, irritable bowel syndrome.
• Conditions affecting the immune system such as HIV, lupus, autoimmune disorders.