One of the most common searched questions related to LASIK is about wearing colored LASIK. We get many potential Lasik candidates asking the question, “Can I wear Colored Contact lens after LASIK?”.
The LASIK is supposed to help you get rid of contact prescription lenses and glasses, but you can comfortably wear them to wear the colored lens. This article will explain the things you should keep in mind if you have had LASIK or are thinking about LASIK but love cosmetic lenses.
Be it a colored lens for Halloween or a colored contact lens to enhance your looks; there should not be a problem. However, it is highly recommended to consult your LASIK provider before you start wearing them as they are non-prescribed lenses.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Colored contact lenses can be worn when the eyes are completely healed after LASIK.
- Consult your surgeon before deciding the colored lenses, there are types of colored lenses available, and the surgeon will be able to help you select the one best suitable for your eyes.
- Get a prescription mentioning the required specifications for the lens.
- Get the lenses from a licensed eye care professional.
- Get the follow-up eye exams with your LASIK provider to make sure the lenses do not cause any harm to your eyes.
- Make sure the lenses are FDA approved.
Collectively, it is possible to wear cosmetic contact lenses after LASIK. You can contact us if you have had LASIK or thinking of getting LASIK and have questions in mind. Columbus LASIK Vision is the leading LASIK center in the Philadelphia area, offering the most affordable all-inclusive pricing at $999 per eye.