Lasik is a popular vision treatment. This procedure can help some people get rid of glasses and contact lenses to offer a better quality of life. Here is a list of the most important things you will want to know about Lasik.
What to know about Lasik
- Lasik is affordable – At Columbus Lasik Vision we offer treatment at $999 per eye compared to $4,000 to $5,000 for other providers
- Over a lifetime, Lasik is cheaper than eyeglasses or contact lenses
- Treatment with Lasik gives you freedom, a more spontaneous lifestyle, and permanent results
- Not every person is a candidate
What to do before your Lasik eye surgery procedure
- Read up on Lasik
- Check out your provider – read testimonials, check reviews, look at online ratings, check business affiliations, ask about surgeon’s credentials
- Refrain from wearing contacts lenses before your appointment – one week for soft, three weeks for rigid
- Compile a list of questions for your consultation
- Set up a ride for the day of your appointment
What happens during a Lasik procedure
Your procedure begins with numbing drops while you rest in our procedure room. A technician will put a speculum in each eye to keep it open during the treatment. Then, the provider will use a microkeratome to cut a small slit in the side of the cornea to provide access to the inside layer of tissue. An excimer laser will remove small parts of the cornea until the shape is the right height and size to correct your vision. It takes about 15 minutes per eye. Then, you go home with your driver and rest.
After your treatment
- Use eye drops as prescribed
- See your provider for a follow-up check
- Rest for 24 hours
- Resume activities as directed
Want to know more? Contact us at 1-866-600-3937.